Tool Install Electrical Designer – Beaverton, OR
Corbin Consulting is a growing engineering consulting firm of 100 staff members with offices in Beaverton, Oregon and Tempe, Arizona. Our clients are world leaders in advanced technology and industrial production.
We are seeking an electrical tool install designer for our Beaverton office who will work with a competent multi-discipline team of peers with a wide range of experience levels.
- Electrical semiconductor tool installation design. Tool types range from simple to complex, for a variety of semiconductor clients. Construction drawing deliverables include specification drawings, facility data tables, cable schedules, plan views and details.
- Perform calculations to size power overcurrent protection, conduit and conductors to tools, and validation of existing power panel, bus duct and distribution board connection capacity. Perform voltage drop calculations, and short circuit calculations to ensure available fault current at the tools do not exceed the tool SCCR.
- Lead effort to obtain and organize tool power, telecom and control cabling information from multiple sources, including customer-supplied site prep guides and related documentation, review of existing design packages, and field verification of similar tools previously installed.
- Field verification of existing conditions and available tool power and telecom point of connection in the facility.
- Coordination with design team members, both within the electrical team and other disciplines.
- Participation in client design review meetings and presentation of design strategies.
- Services during construction, including field verification, site observations reports, responses to RFIs, and submittal reviews.
This is a mid- to senior-level position for applicants with tool install design experience. We are looking for candidates with the following:
- 3+ years of tool install design experience working for an architectural/engineering (A/E) consulting firm.
- Experience with advanced technology and industrial clients is preferred.
- Understanding of basic building code requirements.
- Good communicator and team player.
- Good technical writing ability.
- Highly organized.
- Must show ownership and follow-through on assigned projects.
- Interest in professional growth.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new concepts, especially as they relate to engineering and construction.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit is a plus.
- AS or equivalent degree from an accredited university is preferred.
Please identify any relevant skills you might have, such as AutoCAD or Revit, or electrical system modeling software such as EasyPower or SKM. Please provide any past work or volunteer experience in your response, including those that may be non-engineering related.
We offer a very competitive compensation package within the engineering consulting industry.
- A compensation package based on experience and abilities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Corporate-sponsored medical and dental insurance plans.
- An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matching.
- Three weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO) and eight paid holidays per year.
- Up to $3000/year in yearly tuition reimbursement for coursework relevant to your position.
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Opportunities to learn engineering and design outside of work, such as lunchtime seminars with industry experts and professional development hour compensation.
Advantages of Working for Corbin Consulting:
Corbin Consulting was established in 1999 by engineers experienced in the design of building and process systems for advanced technology clients. Over the last 23 years Corbin has grown to a 100 person firm that has diversified beyond the advanced technology business sector into industrial and healthcare sectors as well. We are not “corporate”; we are an engineering company owned and run by engineers – our owners directly manage projects and mentor our staff. Additionally:
- Corbin gives employees control over their career advancement. You will have direct access to key project players, including design managers, disciplines designers and company owners.
- You will design building systems for industry leaders in the advanced technology sector.
- Corbin serves a wide variety of clients with a myriad of unique projects and design challenges, providing a variety of working experiences.